FALL TRENDS 2018 that rocked my world at WWDMAGIC VEGAS
My Spruced Cooperative Crew just got back from WWDMAGIC VEGAS 2018 and we loved what we saw and ordered some pretty phenomenal pieces for the boutique. I am personally super excited about these FALL TRENDS and can't wait to share with you in the upcoming months how to wear them as an EVERYDAY woman that lives in the south (specifically TEXAS and OKLAHOMA).
1. URBAN PRAIRIE - Think Laura Ingalls Little House on the Prairie FLORAL prints meets Annie Hall chic style. PLEASE FOR ALL THINGS HOLY do not pull out your super outdated 80's type things and think that it'll pass. Please just get some updated pieces that make sense for this style, or go to a thrift store and find similar pieces that look somewhat updated.
2. LEOPARD PRINT & SEQUINS GALORE & PEARLS FOR DAYS - Bottom line in order to keep it simple ... Traditional and Neutral Leopard Print will be everywhere and COLORED leopard will be on accessories. Sequins will be on everything and completely appropriate for day time wear too. Pearl details are going to be on everything like sweatshirts, denim, fancy silks, cocktail attire, etc. As will fluffy lightweight feather like details.
3. MODERN WESTERN - Look, this doesn't mean that you can just wear anything western inspired and expect to look on trend. I am going to be honest with you, you'll need to be careful in pulling off the modern western look. I highly recommend getting a pair of western INSPIRED booties and then wearing the shoe with some modern updated pieces. If you want to go full throttle with the whole look, please keep it modern and polished and not costumey. For Real Ladies!
4. VINTAGE CHIC - Big Bell Bottoms will stay around (which I personally love), and so will 70's looking cable knit cardigans and sweaters. Pussy Bow Tie Blouses will be EVERYWHERE! Vintage 70's looks will be making a big come back and I love this look. Corduroy fitted clothing, striped tees, and denim midi flare skirts will be a big deal. Again, you can pull this look off just keep it updated, polished, modern, and mix vintage with current to make it VINTAGE CHIC.
5. OTHER TRENDS FOR FALL 2018
90'S CLUELESS. That's it, truly ... the looks and prints and vibe and colors and styles of CLUELESS, SAVED BY THE BELL, AND 90210. The Reality Bites look isn't part of the 90's feel, it's more of the preppy poppy vibe. I am not even kidding, look at what Cher and Dionne wore in the movie Clueless and that's exactly the type of 90's trend that is back. Don't hate, while I may not be wearing it, I still love it.
PREPPY POPPY PLAIDS & GRID PRINT PLAIDS. We won't be going back to buffalo checkered plaids, or the grungy plaids like last year. We will be entering into the more preppy classic tailored plaids. Herringbone traditional print plaid, prep school plaid and grid print plaid. (to see what these prints look like, literally google the words "prep school plaid" and "grid print plaid" and "traditional herringbone plaid" and you can see the images for yourself) I am absolutely LOVING Grid Print Plaid!
PANTONE COLORS. Lilac and Lavender. Russett Orange. Mustard. Fall Pastels. Magenta and Red.
POLKA DOT PRINT & STATEMENT TIGHTS WITH PRINT AND SUCH
WOMEN'S TWO PIECE SUITS IN A SOLID COLOR (not black or brown or navy. It'd be the pantone colors of Fall 2018)
VELVET and FAUX FUR
DENIM ON DENIM
10 TRENDS TO STOP WEARING COME FALL 2018
1. Pom Pom anything
2. Boho (you can do Boho Western or Boho Vintage, but not full on Boho, it's old news this season ...it'll obviously come back. duh)
3. Riding boots (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP WEARING THIS STYLE OF BOOT. SERIOUSLY)
4. Outdated plaid
5. Overly Ripped up denim jeans
6. Brim Fedoras (instead wear any hat from GIGI PIP and look at their flat brimmed hat, wide brimmed hat, and felt hat selections THESE ARE THE HATS YOU NEED TO WEAR.)
7. Millennial Pink Color (instead wear Lavender/Lilac Colors)
8. Bomber Jackets (instead wear a 2018 BLAZER)
9. Off the Shoulder and Cold Shoulder Tops
10. As always ... ill fitting or to tight clothing. DON'T MARRY YOUR SIZE. Get out of that midnset. FIT AND FLATTER OVER Size and Number Ladies!!!!!!!!!!
#fall2018 #fall2018trends #fall2018outfits #fall2018looks #fall2018womenstrends #whatnottowear #whattowearforfall2018 #trendstostopwearing #wwdmagic2018 #wwdmagic #wwdmagicvegas #wwdmagicfall2018 #womenstrends #texasoutfits #oklahomaoutfits #trendsfortexaswomen #trendsforoklahomawomen #falllooks #falloutfits #fallinspo #womensinspofall